[Homeroast] Portland Cafe reviews

Justin Schwarz houstini at comcast.net
Tue Feb 1 11:18:05 CST 2011

Barry was in the garage roasting on the quest when we arrived, he let me see it in action and I am in full on quest envy now.  The controls on it are just too easy and extremely quiet.  After visiting and roasting a batch, he brewed me up some very delicious Bali in the Technivorm that was rested.  This was my first experience with the TV and I was impressed by the brew quality, the bali reminded me of a really good kona with something extra going on in the cup, it was sweet and smooth slightly nutty and a pleasant taste that lingered with me until lunch.  I was afraid to review Barry's house as to have a possible run on his personal stash but if you are in the area you should drop him a line, Barry and Lois are such great hosts and I enjoy visiting with someone that shares a passion for coffee. Thank you again for a great time and some great coffee.

-Justin