[Homeroast] Hottop Cleaning and Repair

Mike Koenig koenig.mike at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 08:35:44 CST 2011

When I have mine open, I usually hose down the main board with some
electronics cleaner spray, just in case there is any residue that can affect
the operation of the electronics.  I've never had such a problem, but it's a
habit I developed from my old i-Roast (where is was a problem).

I don't open mine up as often as I should either (once every few months
roasting 2 batches/week),  and haven't had any issues.  The only thing that
worries me a little is the amount of oily residue that builds up on the
motor housing.

I also keep the filters clean by putting it in the dishwasher. (I have two
and rotate between them).

--mike