[Homeroast] WBP1 Question

Jason Brooks brookswv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 07:35:28 CST 2011

Howdy gang.  Hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and Holiday season
and will have a good new year.

I had to address some heating issues with my WBP1 recently.  I had used
some weaker coils out of a Pumper or the like, but had too much trouble
getting north of 420.  I put in the old coil, stretched it a bit to get it
to fit and reconnected everything.  I had to check a few pic out on the web
to make sure I remembered correctly (it's been a while since I've played
inside the little guy).  But when I kicked it up, I had a pop internally
but it wasn't the fan.  I now have no heat.  All wiring is secure.

I'm suspecting that the thermal fuse has opened.  What is the safest way to
bypass that?

I need to get the meter on the bugger and check voltages to see where the
breakdown is, but I'm guessing that it's the fuse.

Jason

Jason Brooks
brookswv at gmail.com
http://javajeb.wordpress.com