[Homeroast] Behmor: door opening to control roast progression

stan bob stanbob10 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 17:59:11 CST 2011

out of lurk mode.
So, I used to use P2 user on my Behmor.  Such a guessing game on when 1c would come and setting the time accordingly.  I finally started cracking/opening the door to drop the temp right after 1c.  Though, when my temp sensor went out the Behmor tech had me bypass the sensor (easyly unpluged) This gave me full power when it was on, and I started adjusting my heat with the door.  Well, I liked the results so well I just wired a switch into the temp sensor circuit (bypassed the sensor) and now can control when my heat comes on.  It's totally manual but I like that allot better and don't have to open the door.  Now I usually run it full on until I get close to 1c and then drop the power for 10 -15 interval every min for about 3 min. and then a last blast of full power.  This seems to give me approx, 3-4 min between 1c to 2c.  The results are good usually and I roast to city+ most of the time.

Hope that helps a little.

Stan