[Homeroast] Happy Holidays!

Jeff Bensen jbensen-0007 at xemaps.com
Mon Dec 26 14:20:50 CST 2011

For brewed coffee, two beans stood out for me this year. The Rwanda
FT Dukunde Kawa Musasa from late April, when drum roasted to a
leisurely City+ (around 4 minutes from start of 1st to end of roast)
and allowed to rest 3-4 days, was sublime. The Honduras Santa Barbara
Smallholders, roasted in a similar fashion, also produced an amazing
cup. Both beans had considerable sweetness, nice body and intensity,
and a long tasty finish. In addition, the Rwanda had some wonderful
floral notes.

Both were unexpected surprises for me. I have a love/hate
relationship with Rwanda coffees, having had some bad potato defects
in the cup in the past, but this lot was excellent. The Honduras was
a pooled lot that I took a chance on and was very glad I did.

-- Jeff Bensen
    Palm Bay, FL