[Homeroast] freshness of greens

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Sat Dec 17 19:45:51 CST 2011

Ivan, I'm right there with ya. Thanks for reminding me. Need to take out of
the deep freeze the last of my Panama Esmeralda Geisha from the 300# I
scored at the 2008 auction. Back in 2008 coming up on fall put a last batch
greens for personal stash (to yield 3# post roast) vac'd and frozen. Roasted
it 2/22/11 and froze it roasted same day. April 3/4# came out for my
birthday. September 3/4# came out for our 30th Anniversary. November 3/4#
came out for my 31st NA birthday. Last 3/4# fixin' to come out now for
Christmas.

When done properly freezing both greens and roasted works marvelously. And
this Esmeralda frozen both greens and then again roasted and trust me still
screams quite deliciously.

Now back to bagging. 88 done, 36 to go before heading home!

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/