[Homeroast] OT: Coffee bags are heavy!

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Fri Dec 16 16:34:46 CST 2011

Eh, 177.5lb in 24 batches 8hrs roasting yesterday :) Plus 2 more hours for
bagging, which was with Jason labeling bagging most of time I was roasting!
But I was making up for 3 days being almost out of greens so "catching up" a
bit. Well, still catching up on needed roasting today and tomorrow! But not
mega sessions like yesterday. Usually roast 8 to 12 batches a day 5 to 6
days a week. When I get to 20+ batches 5 days a week consistently will be
when 12-15k roaster will go on order. Currently 'only' 350 to 400lb greens
per week avg, but growing steadily.

BTW, this new Colombia Los Naranjos I just got in from Café Imports right up
there with the Tolima Tom had earlier this year, killer.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/