[Homeroast] Christmas blend?

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 10:41:22 CST 2011

The "spiked with spices" interests me. That sounds interesting for a
special holiday brew.

Sad to say, I never roast anything special for Christmas. My family
(besides my son who currently lives w/me) doesn't carry on my (older
family) tradition of having coffee after our meal. This was standard in our
house growing up. Kind of sad that my mom passed away before I even
discovered homeroasting - man, she loved her coffee. I know she would have
really appreciated my roasts.

At the risk of going off topic, we lived closer to my Italian relatives,
but still had the traditional telephone calls on Christmas morning to my
Dad's Polish side. When I was a kid, we'd all gather together over an
aunt's house - wonderful, big Christmases. After she passed away, our
holidays were sparser - then my mom & two remaining aunts passed away in
November of 2000 - which put a chill on our holidays after that.

We're just starting to finally get our holiday spirit back - but I think
the real help will be with some consistent grandkids! (My daughter is
getting married in March, so I'm instructing her to hurry up w/the babies,
hahaha).

As for my current December roasts - I'm finishing up with the last of my
Decaf Bug - once I started using my air popper to roast, I finally stopped
getting horrible brews. Oh, what a glorious cup! Gonna miss this one...

 I just put in an order for a decaf sampler and a five pounder of the
Ethiopia DP Sidama Aleta Wondo. Probably shouldn't have spent the money as
we have a few more tight months ahead of us, but giving up my homeroast
just seemed to be too much of a sacrifice.

Lynne