[Homeroast] Christmas blend?

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 11 18:25:46 CST 2011

A few years ago I won a coffee roasting contest with a blend made up of the same coffee at three roastings.  This was back when I roasted most of my coffee in a wok and two of the roastings in the blend were done in the wok, one just through the first crack and the other just starting the second.  The third component was roasted over a pecan wood fire in a over the camp fire pop corn popper so the level of roasting was a mix of first and second crack. The first two roastings were about the same size, close to two fifths, and the one over the pecan wood fire was about the last fifth.  It was roasted five days before the competition.   I forget what country the beans were from but I did get them from SweetMaria's.  I think Tom said that it had different flavors as different levels of roasting, but I am not sure.
       pecan jim