[Homeroast] PINO Problem

Sam Tregar sam at tregar.com
Mon Aug 29 12:30:47 CDT 2011

Hey all.  I love my PINO water heater (
http://www.sweetmarias.com/sweetmarias/miscellaneous/cupping-supplies/pino-pro-digital-electric-kettle.html).
 It's great knowing how close to boiling the water is, and I especially
appreciate it for green tea prep where getting the right water temp is so
critical.

My problem is that it only works when the kettle is at a particular angle on
the base.  Rotate it a bit forward or back and the temp sensor stops working
(shows 32 all the time), and the size of the place where it works seems to
decease over time.  This is actually my second PINO - the same thing
happened to the first one and eventually it just stopped working completely.

Is this happening to anyone else?  And does anyone know if I can fix it?

Thanks!
Sam