[Homeroast] Another reminder of the far reaching influence of Sweet Marias

michael brown disracer at msn.com
Sat Aug 20 14:06:13 CDT 2011

I was working a local farmers market this morning. Brewing coffee, selling cups o' joe, bags, etc...I usually have several folks who are really interested and excited to "talk coffee"One common question is, "where do you get your beans?"I've learned to answer, "I have all kinds but I use importers and brokers."I was asked that question today for the third or fourth time and after I responded the lady asked, "Do you ever buy from Sweet Marias?"I smiled a big smile and told her that is how I got started.We proceeded to talk and talk and talk about roasting, brewing, enjoying, sharing, etc...It was really nice.For years I've always thought of us home roasters as an underground fellowship so to speak, and sometimes still do I guess.I'm still pleasantly surprised every time I meet another one of "us."
Y'all have a great rest of the weekend. I'm gonna nap and recover from the market.Michael BB'ham, AL