[Homeroast] Time between first and second crack

g paris p pchforever at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:26:22 CDT 2011

John:

why do you not want to go near/into second crack? try it John.

do you know how wet the beans are? do you know how they were really
processed? how have you stored them?

you may be missing a lot by not entering the #2 zone!!

One of the reasons I gave up my Behmor was because I could not get into a
serious #2 crack.

I was told that you need you hear the rolling first crack before second
happens; sometimes that is true. depends on what you miss.

let it go John, keep the thing going until you hear that #2 crack or smell
something burning.

really you can always pull the plug.

ginny

I have ruined a couple of great machines but only because I walked away for
a few seconds.

let us know.