[Homeroast] Is the list dying or down?

g paris p pchforever at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:14:29 CDT 2011

Has the hey day gone? No. Has the list died? No.

Gentlemen things do change; yes even for us list oldies!!

I think much traffic is going to the forum. Why? great question but most
likely just the ebb and flow of
where all our information comes from these days of better cell service, iPad
(yes!!) and other devices.

I do not think it is a lack of interest but rather the way we view and
receive our online communication
that changes the list.

Plus there are many more sites around that are more key to a specific need
for an individual
coffee hound. Unfortunately niches come up and spoil everything.

I would love to go back to 2002/03 when the only place was Sweet Maria's.
Things change.

Let's face it folks, Tom and Maria and Son plus all the key folk at Sweet
Maria's made homeroasting
what it is today in the USA and beyond. Were it not for Sweet Maria I would
never have found
homeroasting. I would never have found the best beans I can buy for my
personal pleasure.

There is a whole new group of people coming that will no doubt put many of
us to shame with their
tweaks on roasting and bean sense!! They will be here at Sweet Maria's.

By the way Ken, had you been here a long time ago you would still be reading
your mail. I cannot
count the times people would complain about getting so many emails in a day
and would change
to the digest version.

ginny