[Homeroast] "NO" to kopi

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Tue Aug 9 14:51:33 CDT 2011

I don't mean to me all "activist" and such, but I created this
facebook page
(https://www.facebook.com/pages/No-to-Kopi-Luwak-Coffee/269009553115596)
for the exact reason you are stating. I keep reading articles that
fail to mention that a. it really is awful coffee and b. it is
straight out animal cruelty . Really, not being touchy-feelie about
it. It is. Also, sites that review it have a bunch of dorks saying
what amazing coffee it is. Don't people think at least one reputable
coffee company would carry it, if it was so good? The other thing I
get is tons of solicitations of it on Facebook and email from farmers
who think its their economic salvation. It's very wrongheaded. They
don't do a good job with their normal coffee, and think Luwak will
make them prosperous. It's just a big distraction, but I think (kinda
opposite to what Ed proposed) I think we actually need to say NO to
it, not ignore it. So anyone with FB, please visit the page and
"like" it.

-Tom