[Homeroast] Behmor 1600 roast #270

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 8 20:23:10 CDT 2011

My sympathy is with you.  My Behmor has pulled me through the difficult stages of recovering from this brain infection.  I'm almost a hundred Behmor roasts behind you so I might have close to a couple of years of full time use of it left.  I am now up to the point that I can over hall a fifty year old 144 cubic inch Case tractor diesel engine so I should probably go back to some of the other roasting methods.  As I wrote this it occurred to me that our new BBQ grill should hold a nice pecan wood fire that would be very handy to roast in with the over the camp fire popcorn roasters.  Just putting one the three grills on the back with the bars running horizontally would make temperature adjustment very easy.  I have been longing for a bit of the pecan wood smoke flavor and there are a lot of pecan branches down in the yard that my wife has been after me to pick up.

 Please excuse my straying into this self centered stream of consciousness.

       pecan jim