[Homeroast] changing temperature on Behmor 1600

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:37:55 CDT 2011

I've used P5 with good results in the past (even for SHB beans).  I would
only roast 1/2 lb, on the 1 lb setting, A profile, then bump up the time
after starting the roast.  I like the way P5 cycles, with a much faster
on-off-on, than the other profiles, when they are at 100%.  The roast is
definitely slower, which is why I use only 1/2 lb of greens, but it is much
easier to hit City or City+ with good control.

Regarding the comment on putting aluminum foil on the chaff tray, is it
shiny side up or down?  And do you cover any of the perforated section, or
only the bottom?