[Homeroast] Vacuum Pot Help!!

Bob Glasscock eglasscock at centurytel.net
Sat Apr 30 17:33:19 CDT 2011

Hey Dennis,

First, are you sure you are getting a good seal? I just had to replace
my Yama after destroying the original bowl by knocking it over, and the
new one did not seal at all until I put the rubber gasket from my
original on. Now it does OK. With the new seal in place I got no
vacuum, hence a mess ensued. I do use the Baratza at 30 but use the
Cory rod instead of cloth filters. I wouldn't imagine you have done
enough brewing to turn the cloth filter sour, but if that is the case,
Oxy Clean seems to be the cleaner of choice. Also are you using
filtered water - may be time to replace the filter. Try bottled water.
Anyway, you should be getting good results - it's a very good brewing
method.

Bob Glasscock
Greenville, AL