[Homeroast] test ... Imean coffee

Peter Louton peter at midwestbicycleworks.com
Fri Apr 22 22:42:43 CDT 2011

I'm curious, too.  I have the beans from the home roast competition and I did my first roast with them Wednesday.  I took 4oz of each for total of 20oz, divided in half and did two roasts of 10oz in my Behmor.  Used 1lb, P2 and C setting added 60 seconds and waited for second crack to roll and stopped at 20 seconds into second.  Then did the next batch identical, but stopped just as second started to pop a little bit.  Can't wait till Monday when they will get sampled in my Giotto with my neighbors as guinea pigs.  I have espresso blend number 12 as a back up.

I ordered to late to submit to home roast, but am looking forward to learning and experimenting.

As to underroasting, I really learned a lot from the workshop #11 (my favorite Tom, please bring it back), and learning to stop the roast early and then having the patience to let it age.

Peter

-- Sent from my Palm Pre