[Homeroast] test ... Imean coffee

Robert Yoder robotyonder at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 22:02:59 CDT 2011

Hi, Andy,

Can you provide details?  What Roaster, What Profile, What batch size, etc., etc., etc.? I, too, Roasted some Brazil coffee recently: just over a fifth-pound on Behmor P5 1 lb setting, and ended it too early, by far.  Not sure how to describe the ground coffee, but it was definitely quite light.  Yet the result, today, days after, is not nearly as  bad as I'd thought it would be.  Maybe it's a characteristic of Brazils, (that they perform over a wide-range of roasting styles).  My failure was quite instructive, and I think I finally will settle down on one coffee, roasted slightly differently over many batches, until I might hope to get the some of the same roast-sense our senior roasters have already gotten.  It'll take the rest of my life, of course!

Happy Roasting,

robert yoder