[Homeroast] COFFEE DRINKER'S PRAYER

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sun Apr 10 17:06:20 CDT 2011

Kurmudgeon(tm) mode on:

No offense, but I found it somewhat offensive. Don't get me wrong, I think I
understand the sentiment. And not offensive from a religious or spiritual
perspective. But rather from the focus being on caffeine and the buzz and
additives.

Maybe it's because of my maybe different and maybe strange coffee Journey,
not even starting to drink coffee until 1984 at the age of 30 after tasting
fresh roast, fresh ground, fresh brewed coffee for the first time. Coffee
has always been about taste, not the buzz. The taste of unadulterated
coffee. To be sure I appreciate and am adept in the art of preparing all
kinds of coffee beverages, custom blend our chocolate sauce etc., but for me
personally primarily it's about the essence of the bean in it's purity, no
additives thank you very much.

In fact I often wish coffee didn't have as much buzz so I could drink and
taste it's wonders more. While I'm surrounded by coffee from a ton of greens
to roasting hundreds of pounds a week to countless brewing methods routinely
7 days a week I'll only drink 2 to 4 cups at the most a day, and that's
working 70 to 90 hour weeks, seriously.

Coffee is Culinary, much more than a caffeine delivery system.

Caffeine is Not my shepherd, great tasting pure unadulterated coffee is.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/