[Homeroast] Yama pot advice

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:18:57 CDT 2011

I'm also a glass rod vac pot user, but I upgraded from the Cory rod to a
Silex Lox-In rod with a spring and a clip that keeps the rod in place.  This
avoids any bobbling around if the water is more agitated then usual and I
believe that it results in less sediment getting through.  It also makes
clean-up easier as I can invert and scrape a good portion of the grounds out
with my Yama stirring stick or bamboo stirring stick.  The rest gets rinsed
down the drain to have the disposal take care of it.

I've just ordered a Pyrex rod with an 8" locking spring which should make it
even easier to use, the little chain of balls on the Silex stopps about 1/2"
above the bottom of the tube so I have to use something to reach in and grab
it to pull it down and lock it in, with the Pyrex, it should be easier.

Have fun!  I make a vac pot every Sunday and some Saturday's and if I had
time, I'd use it every day.

-Chris