[Homeroast] Yama pot advice

Maxwell Heathcott mheathcott at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 07:45:11 CDT 2011

I second the Cory rod recommendation.  It works consistently, and clean-up is a snap.
I send grounds down the disposal drain as well.
I focus more on total time than on draw-down time.  I go 2:30 of time BEFORE draw down: 200F Hot water into pot.Flame at high until water "bubbles" (all water is drawn into upper chamber).
Start timer.Flame at low, then coffee added and stirred once. Water should continue to bubble lightly every 1 second or so.When timer stops, flame on high for about five seconds, until rapid bubbling again.Set entire pot on cool marble countertop.Drawdown takes no more than 90 seconds, for a grand total of about 4 minutes steeping time.
YMMV.
MH