[Homeroast] Yama pot advice

Bob Glasscock eglasscock at centurytel.net
Thu Apr 7 21:07:08 CDT 2011

Hey Dennis,
I use my Yama daily. We save the grounds for the roses. What grounds
are left go down the sink to be processed by the disposal. If you don't
have a disposal, an inexpensive screen mesh drain filter will catch the
grounds. I prefer the Cory rod over the cloth filter - easy to clean
and does a great job. Draw down times vary with the roast and grind.
The vacpot took some getting used to, but the results have been well
worth it. Second choice is my vintage Chemex, then French Press, then
the Clever Coffee Dripper followed by the Aeropress. I'm still very
much a neophyte with all this roasting/brewing/cupping, but it's a
relatively harmless vice and keeps me out of more serious trouble. Good
luck with the Yama.
  --
  Bob Glasscock
Greenville, AL