[Homeroast] Yama pot advice

Bonnie Polkinghorn bonnie.polkinghorn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:28:02 CDT 2011

Hello Dennis,

To clean out the grounds, I wear dish washing gloves and dump those grounds
in the compost bin.  As you say, there are always some left in the container
that go down the sink.

I've never timed the draw down - I guess I'm always doing other things at
that time so I ignore it.

I use the cloth filter that comes with it, but I think other list members
use a glass filter that is made for a different brand of vacuum pot but fits
in the Yama.

If you are using the cloth filter - do not do this if you are using the
glass filter - only if using the cloth filter, when you take the pot off the
heat, you can give the coffee in the top a few stirs round and round.  Then,
the grounds mound up in a half sphere above the filter.  I use the AeroPress
stirrer to do this.

-Bonnie