[Homeroast] Yama pot advice

Dennis Guyer adg22 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 7 16:02:01 CDT 2011

After using the AeroPress for over two years, I decided to order the Yama Vacuum pot.  I have now done three pots and have a question for those who have been using this system.  How do you clean out the coffee grounds?  It seems like no easy task.  No matter what I do there is some left in the container that I have to use water to flush out and it goes down the sink.  For you that are also plumbers, will this cause a clog after enough time?  Also, my draw down times are around 2:30 using the cloth filter.  Is this in the neighborhood of what I should expect?

Thanks for any advice,

Dennis