[Homeroast] All quiet

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 20:26:28 CDT 2011

I got a chance to cup the two Behmor roasts of the Ethiopa Jimma and I
prefer the 250 g batch over the 300 g batch.  The berry flavor and acidity
is better, brighter with the smaller batch.  I just finished drinking a cup
of the 250 g batch and I really enjoyed it.  So much so, I keep thinking
about it and considering making another cup.

So, I guess I'll be looking at lowering my batch size again down towards 250
g.  I was happy with the 300 g batch size, but it makes sense for a been
like the Jimma to have a faster ramp to C1 and about the only way I can get
that done in the Behmor is with load size and pre-heating (which I already
do).

-Chris