[Homeroast] Heat Gun method (was List Traffic at Zero)

Scott Thile sethile.pipes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 16:03:03 CDT 2010

I'm using a whirly pop on the gas stove attached to my outside grill.
Starting to get some decent roasts with it, but I also have a good heat gun
and might like to try the heat gun method. Any good links where this method
is documented? I'll have to look around for a large metal bowl.

My main problem with the whirly pop has been my roasts are very fast (most
are under 6 minutes to FC+) and therefore a little tough to control. They
are not very even either, but I've had some very good roasts too. I seem to
have difficulty finding the middle ground between too hot (too fast) and not
enough heat and stalling the roast.

Thanks!
Whirly Pop Scott (at least for now)