[Homeroast] Ladies: Coffee Zest Body Scrub

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Thu Sep 30 17:13:41 CDT 2010

Very funny - I already have every pore clogged by coffee oils from
roasting too much. Maybe coffee scrub can open them up?

By the way, you can use coarse ground coffee to flavor oil. I had a
salmon served in "coffee oil" this way and it was delicious. Soak for
24 hours, coarse ground coffee, then filter/screen out the coffee
before serving. They actually used a safflower oil and it was nice.

Tom

>Hey!  I'm a lady, and I like to scrub my face!  Have you tried this?  Does
>your face end up smelling like coffee, or oranges?
>
>Best,
>
>Kris McN
>
>On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Laura Carey <laurajcarey at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  Now we can get twice the use from our special roasted coffee.
>>

>>  Found a recipe for a body scrub that the ladies will like.  Enjoy...
>>

>>  Coffee Zest Body Scrub
>>

>>  1/2 cup used coffee grounds
>>
>>  1/2 cup honey
>>
>>  1 Tbsp. fresh orange zest
>>

>>  Mix ingredients together in a container and rub mixture into skin with your
>>  hands or an old washcloth, using upward strokes, for one to three minutes.
>>
>>  Apply up to three times a week. Keep refrigerated.
>>

>>  If you have more coffee grounds, you can double or triple the batch.

>>  Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
>>  http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7820

-Tom