[Homeroast] Jimma > PID iRoast

Jim Couch ravskau at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 09:49:18 CDT 2010

Believe I saw some comments from Tom cautioning about the "dangers" of
spinning a Behmor drum too fast, something about it causing chaff collection
problems and messing with the ability of the beans to transfer heat to each
other perhaps problems would be a better word than dangers..........

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Robert Yoder <robotyonder at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi MiKe,
>

> Thanks for your posts!  So much to learn!
>

>   Even directly controlling the heater via variac
> > didn't help enough because drum rotation was so slow yielding poor
> > convection. If I hadn't acquired a CCR HotTop so soon after the Behmor
> > likely would have mod'd it further with faster drum and bean temp
> probemaking it a decent roaster.
>

> Can you clarify the drum-rotation/poor convection comment? Is there a
> typical shop-roaster drum-rotation speed?  How is that chosen?
>
> Happy Roasting,
>
> robert yoder
>  >

"Idiots are so much fun! Thats why every village either has one or wants
one!"
G. House MD.