[Homeroast] Aged Sumatran 07

Sergio Kusevitzky sergio_kuse at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 10:17:21 CDT 2010

Thanks Bob

Well.... with time I have stabilized my preferences and "lost" some of the
passion for new experiments.... I used to blend everything with everything at
the beginning, getting plenty of "interesting but not satisfying results".
Nowadays I'm less innovative and more practical... I want a GREAT cup every
time. After saying that, my last two orders from SM were unusual for me. I
ordered a bunch of central american beans. I've not enjoyed them in the past but
I'm willing to give them a second chance. I roasted them with my air popcorn
roaster several years ago and found them too acid to my palate.They deserve a
try with my drum roaster.

When talking about small details, let me tell you that I prefer Java rather than
Sumatra.
I've been using the Java Government State for years and couldn't find anything
better for my basis blend.
Unfortunately, SM is out of stock from Java for a while what may force me to
either try other combination (again? ;)) or search for another source of coffee
which I've been reluctant to do. I will probably replace the Java by some
Ugandan that I like in my next batch (I roast every two weeks on Saturday) and
let you know if interested.
I feel the Java to  have body and thickness in the cup with less of these
typical earthy flavors of the Sumatran. I have not tried the Danau Toba.
How did you blend your Yemen coffees?
Keep up the roasting fun!   It is an endless endeavor!
Thanks
Sergio

"Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail"
"Por favor, considere su responsabilidad por el medio ambiente antes de imprimir
este mensaje"