[Homeroast] Aged Sumatran 07

Sergio Kusevitzky sergio_kuse at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 07:03:15 CDT 2010

Robert,
Combined Brazil and Java is my standard basic blend (50/50).
I use it as 50% to 80% of most (all?) my blends.
Since I roast for more than a decade, I've tried tens of different basis without
finding a better one.
It works for me since I drink only espressos (actually, ristrettos), and I like
them very strong, with a chewy body, sweet and long long aftertaste (20 minutes
at least).
For a pungent cup, I add Aged or Indian Malabar or Ethiopia or.... Yemen.
For a lighter cup, I add Mexican, Costa Rica
For some "citrus flavor", then I add El Salvador, Guatemala
For an even stronger body and chocolate flavor, I add Uganda, Bali, Tanzania
(some...)
I'm generalizing since there are plenty of other alternatives (3 or 4 components
per blend) and not all the coffees of a specific country are the same.... but
this is just my rule of thumb.
Do you drink Espressos?

I do not have such a fine palate to distinguish a 10% quantity in my blend. I
never go below 20%.
Anyhow, as you say.... all subjective!
Keep drinking!
Regards
Sergio

"Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail"
"Por favor, considere su responsabilidad por el medio ambiente antes de imprimir
este mensaje"