[Homeroast] Jimma > PID iRoast

ricky carter rickylc99 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 21:36:07 CDT 2010

mike or mcsparky,

any tips on getting the most out of Jimma?  I've gotten some decent roasts,
but they fade on me quickly.  I roast in a Behmor, usually around 275 to 300
gram load.  I've tried P1 all the way through 1st then immediately cool, p1
45 second into 1st then cool, p2 powering back 45 seconds into 1st and
stretching the roast out to 4 minutes after start of 1st and p1 all the way
through rolling from 1st right into 2nd.

In all instances, I'm hitting 1st about 12 1/2 to 13 1/2 minutes in.
perhaps this is too quick in the behmor as it takes a while for the roast to
get from room temp up to 300 f.

I get great fruit with the P1 killing 45 seconds into 1st, but also get a
sharp taste under them, this is 3 days out from roast. going all the way
through 1st, fruitiness seems to fade 4 to 5 days out and the flavors turn
sharp.

I'm thinking of increasing the load to stretch the dry time.

Any suggestions welcome