[Homeroast] PID iRoast

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Mon Sep 27 23:33:25 CDT 2010

Alright, I got the iRoast pid'ed.

This is nothing like it's gonna be once I get the case built for everything; I have the SSR currently bolted to the back of a junction box that's going to hold the outlets and dimmer for the fan control (currently controlled with the variac).

<http://www.radioactive.org/pix/pidroast/pidroast.jpg>

My first roast wasn't too bad - I wanted to see how a light roast would turn out - I terminated the roast at 435 degrees. It's Ethopian Jimma-Nigusie Lemma.

Here's a picture of this PID C+ roast (left) versus an earlyer heatgun FC/FC+ roast (right) that I'm currently resting for SO espresso:

<http://www.radioactive.org/pix/pidroast/beans2.jpg>

The next step is to toy with the profiles and experiment with reaching the same level of roast in different ways. Ought to be fun :-D

-
allon