[Homeroast] El Salvador Manzano Process Experiment

sci scizen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 18:21:36 CDT 2010

I just ordered the El Salvador Manzano Process Experiment and eagerly await
completing the experiment in my cup.
I know that processing is supposed to be the second most important factor
influencing flavor (over origin) but I'm already leaning toward it being
just as important as origin. The only other coffee I remember getting two
processes from the same lot was the Koratie DP/WP and the difference was
huge.
Now I'm just trying to figure out how to roast this in such a way as to not
introduce another variable. I'm thinking of using my IR2 to roast three
1/4lb batches to precisely the same roast level (probably C+) and then doing
1/2lb batches in the B1600 the same way. Problem is that neither of those
roasters are good for back to back batches. I might just have to break the
rules on this one.
Any thoughts or ideas?

Ivan