[Homeroast] List Traffic at Zero

Peter Louton peter at midwestbicycleworks.com
Sun Sep 26 23:13:29 CDT 2010

Hi Mary and all,

I roasted in a pan for a year using a convection.  It was a lot of fun doing it that way.  I did get some wonderful roasts, but getiing them to be really even was a challenge and I didn't experiment with longer/slower roasts till late in the game.  I loved some of the flavors and one of my favorites was a charred set of Kenyan beans that were truly amazing in a Bialetti and all of the smoke flavors permeated the tasted buds without overpowering the rest.  But it was only good in the Bialetti :-)

The reason I swithced to the Behmor, was that it produces a lot less smoke and I can do it year round indoors and not have to have an exhaust fan and my kitchen door open when it is 10 degrees to roast some coffee.  I don't miss the fire department  for the smoke alarm going off or the neighbors calling them for smoke smells emmanating from my house.

I like rhe Behmor a lot.  I do wish I could play with longer or darker roasts, may try to preheat beans in oven first then add then to Behmor.  I have done some great roasts with the Behmor where my friend who is a commercial roaster asked what I did.  Plus it is really affordable

-- Sent from my Palm Pre