[Homeroast] Green beans

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 14:13:56 CDT 2010

Depends.
Do you mean air tight vacuum packed greens?
Here is a rough rule that has been around for awhile. I got this from Bryan
Wray.
Babbie's Rule of Fifteens:*
Green Beans should be used in fifteen months.
Roasted beans should be used in fifteen days.
Ground beans should be used in fifteen minutes.
Extracted beans should be served in fifteen seconds.

No mention here of air tight in Babbie list here.
 Commercial roasters don't airtight store several hundred pounds. Mike M.
here on this list will vac pac and freeze special lots to stretch out the
life span.
I have heard good results from this method.
Joe