[Homeroast] List Traffic at Zero

mary deem catechumenes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 22:44:49 CDT 2010

I grind with a cheapo Mr Coffee blade grinder (the horror the horror...can't
afford a good burr grinder yet).  I brew with an espresso pot (my
preference-grew up using them) and occasionally with a French Press.  With
both brewing methods I found the CR Finca Alaska quite nice...toasted
marshmellows, sugar cane, and a little chocolote.  It did seem rather light
bodied.

What otehr goodies do you have in your blend (the one with the Finca
Alaska)?

Brewing methods really can change the flavor profile of one's roast...yeah I
know obvious in theory but in practice it still elicites a 'wow'from me.

I recently got to taste a batch of my City + roasted Ethiopian Sidamo
Shakiso Maduro ground through a Capressi burr grinder and pulled as an
espresso shot through a Gaggia Espresso machine.  My goodness it was super
fruity and tart...like a red rasberry.  How different it was than as brewed
in my espresso pot-where it is less acidic, has more wine notes but slightly
less bright fruit.  It was amazing what a different sort of grinder and
brewing method does to one's roast!

It made me wish that I had a high end espresso machine to try my roasts
on-side by side with my espresso pot.

Has anyone had this experience?

Mary