[Homeroast] List Traffic at Zero and Roast Time Length

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 03:37:23 CDT 2010

I wish I had a 220 V dryer outlet, but alas it's only 120.  It is on a
dedicated circuit, however and does result in the least voltage drop when I
run the Behmor.  Usually the voltage drops from 120 to about 117 or 116 at
the least, but on a hot summer day it can be worse.  I am using a heavy duty
extension cord to site the Behmor on a bench and not on top of the dryer so
that contributes a bit as well.

We ran 440 V in the desert to power some cameras because the power runs were
too long for 120 or 240.  Used step down transformers on the towers.  I
figured that was a wiser course then dropping down into the 38 kV vaults
that were available, didn't really want to deal with that for just the
surveillance equipment.  Voltage drop I understand, but some times it's your
house cabling that's the weakest link.  I remember a communication site in
Guasti (near Ontario Airport in California) that went down.  Came to find
out the line voltage from the temporary power poles dropped to only 90 V in
the summer, damn hot in Guasti and everyone running their A/C.  The electric
provider is not always keeping pace with demand on the sizing of their
outside plant.  Had to put in a voltage conditioner there to boost the
voltage.

Alas, my email is probably not clear.  I didn't sleep much last night,
combination of jet lag and good espresso after dinner here in Milan.  I
think it's a robusta blend which I'm not used to drinking.  I'm starting to
feel like Balzac, I even stayed up into the wee hours working.

My batch size is around 430 - 460 g these days, except for the almonds which
I are 340 g batches.  No complaints there.

I'll have to get some sleep this weekend so I can start fresh on Monday.
Gotta learn some Metro Ethernet technologies to explain our new features.

-Chris (Vimercate, Italy)