[Homeroast] List Traffic at Zero and Roast Time Length

Robert Yoder robotyonder at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 23 23:26:16 CDT 2010

Hi Kevin,

It looks like we've got a little movement, so the connections are good!

I've had a lull in roasting, lately.  I went from popper to uber-popper to Behmor. My typical roast is 1/5 pound and I haven't found a good way to get that done.  The Behmor produced a noticeable improvement over the air-poppers (IMO), but I've seen all along that it roasted too fast.  When that small batch goes into exothermic, there's no stretching time at all.  (Typical Roast is P1 or P2).  I despair over the Behmor, feeling that it is so much more but so much less than I want.  My last roast before my roasting hiatus used P3, or P4 (notes not at hand) in order to stretch out the roast to a reasonable length.  Unless this was completely random, if I recall correctly, the depth of flavor from that roast was astonishing, compared to what I had been experiencing.  This is the first time I have sort of given up roasting out of frustration, and I think the Behmor is the instigator:  it showed me both what I hadn't got and what I don't seem to be able to get.  So the Behmor has been a great, instructive, pause in my journey.

Happy Roasting,

robert yoder