[Homeroast] Flat white > was One Californian's espresso crawl through London

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 21:44:38 CDT 2010

I just read an article recently about the genesis of Kiwi names for coffee
drinks. The Kiwis claim, not entirely incredibly, that the Aussies got these
names from them.

And that the names "flat white" and "long black" came about as a way for
self-respecting rugby players to order drinks at otherwise unacceptably
frou-frou establishments.

Down here, that's their story, and they're sticking to it. :)

Doug