[Homeroast] One Californian's espresso crawl through London

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 18:28:10 CDT 2010

How refreshing.

I think it would be wonderful if we started a thread where if you go
some where and find exceptional coffee we post it here.

I was in Birmingham AL at the Brookwood Hospital (My son is in school
in Birmingham and had a Dr. appointment)  The Starbucks there was
shockingly good.  I had a Cafe Americano.  This is what I always order
at Starbucks I find it he least offensive.  It was just great.

I am back on the road tomorrow but only to rural GA.  I am taking my
Aeropress, Whirly Bird Grinder and the last 1/2 pound of the Jamaican
Blue Mountain I found in the bottom of the green bean tub this
morning. Coffee must be 3 or 4 years old so who knows how it will
taste.  I roasted it to Full City.  On a funny note, the wife took my
plastic POS electric tea kettle to the rescue mission.  "It was dusty
and you never use it!"  So a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond or Walmart
will occur tomorrow.  I will hide it when I return.