[Homeroast] bring back green beans

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 13:24:19 CDT 2010

I was on my way to DC on 9-11 (with my knife in my pocket).  Had we
not been diverted to the ground I would have landed within minutes of
the plane hitting the Pentagon.

For the next 2 years I carried the same briefcase when I traveled.
After 2 years it broke and I cleaned it out.  I had inserted some foam
in the bottom to cushion my laptop.  I found a leatherman under the
foam that had been in there for years.  How may trips had I made?
somewhere between 15 and 30.  So potentially 60 passes through
security.  2 of the trips were international.  On both International
trips I was pulled out of line a given the through search.  Who knows
how many domestic trips where this occurred.

On one of the domestic trips I was flying out of Nashville TN where I
had a Agent go off on me (my daughter was with me, she was 18 at the
time ).  He had me go into the glass booth and pull my pants down.
Yea, you got it, daughter standing there.  And the Leatherman was in
the bag.

This is why I drive as much as I do.  I have a poor opinion of TSA and
Homeland Security.