[Homeroast] bring back green beans

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Sep 18 12:00:35 CDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 01:53:31AM -0600, raymanowen at gmail.com wrote:
> Under no circumstances should anyone be able to gain the confidence
> of any security person.

I'm sure you don't mean that.  If that were true then they should
simply not let anyone board or exit any plane at any time.  Letting
someone past *means* they've "gained the confidence" of the
inspector(s).

> That's the worst situation I can imagine, and if you can do it at will, use
> common sense and start to fear for your welfare and those around you.

Don't let the fearmongers manipulate you for their own purposes.  They
want you scared, because scared people are more easily duped.  Fear is
the mind-killer...

> I thought I'd try for a security inspector's job at DIA, but the farther I
> got into it, the more it looked to be like a *Three Stooges* show.

Yep, security theater.  It has been ever thus.

--
To be alive, is that not to be
again and again surprised?  -- Nicholas van Rijn