[Homeroast] Espresso blending?

Sergio Kusevitzky sergio_kuse at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 09:12:56 CDT 2010

Congratulations! You will have a lot of fun.

	* Post Roast is great
	* 40% Brazil as a basis is a good start.
	* The next question is: what kind of coffee do you like? If you want a sweet
cup with nice body; I invite you to add Indonesian coffee to your basis (Java,
Sumatra, PNG, Sulawesi)
	* If you prefer to have less body and some more brightness, I invite you to
consider   a Central American coffee then
	* I found the Ethiopia to be too dominant and preferred to keep it up to 20%
	* I do not think the Ethiopia and the Aged Sumatra will complement each other.
It may be wise  to wait with Robusta and Aged coffees for a later stage.

	* There is no reason to start with 5 (five!) different coffees for your first
time!. How many beans are in 7 gram??? ;) Seems a better strategy to start with
3 and then, once you master the tastes, go and add the others.

	* Finally, I started  12 years ago with the following two blends:
	* Sweet and Body
	* 40% Brazil
	* 40% Indonesia
	* 20% Ethiopia
	* Sweet and Bright
	* 40% Brazil
	* 40% Central America
	* 20% Ethiopia

 Anyhow, do what you want... since joy is guaranteed!
Good luck and keep posting the results
Sergio
"Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail"
"Por favor, considere su responsabilidad por el medio ambiente antes de imprimir
este mensaje"