[Homeroast] Espresso blending?

Robert Bedwell rlb at triad.rr.com
Thu Sep 16 08:24:58 CDT 2010

It is going to be an interesting blend.  Not sure you will need the
Robusta but then I haven't tried this one.  I would suggest that you
keep the robusta to the side and experiment with it in smaller
batches.  The Jimma is nice and balanced but may not add the character
that will satisfy you in a full flavored espresso blend.  If you have
some fresh Amaro Gayo you might use 20% it with 20% Jimma.  I have to
be careful with Sumatra's.  For me they often change a delightful
blend into something that is on the funky side.  I would suggest 5%
Sumatra to start with and bump up if necessary.   I blended one last
week at 10% and it ruined it.  I ended up at 7% and it was just enough.

Save one for me please!

Bob