[Homeroast] Espresso blending?

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Thu Sep 16 08:00:59 CDT 2010

Okay, I'm gonna experiment with blending. I plan to blend post-roast, so I can dink around with it shot by shot.

I have some Brazil Moreninha Formosa "Raisin", and I just ordered some India Sufia Robusta (never tried a robusta before - gonna experiment with this - I'm gonna have to try a straight shot just to see how it comes out, not necessarily to enjoy it), Ethiopia DP Jimma-Nigusie Lemma, Aged Sumatra Lintong Peaberry '07, Guatemala Huehuetenango Finca La Maravilla.

Anyway, I was contemplating starting with
Brazil Raisin - 40%
Ethiopia DP Jimma-Nigusie - 40%
India Sufia Robusta - 10%
Aged Sumatra - 10%

Any comments/thoughts from those more experienced? This is my first time setting out to try blending for espresso.
How do the various components age? Will I want to roast them all at the same time, or rest them for different time periods?

-
allon