[Homeroast] Unroasted (Green) Beans in Beverages

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 23:03:42 CDT 2010

"the caffeine content is awakened by the roast as far as I know."

Was there something premature about the gyrations of Omar's goats and the
accident of roasting that enhanced the flavor and aroma of the seeds? Who
says the coffee cherries need to be processed at all, pre-consumption?

"I had read a couple of things [in *Pravda*?]  recently about using green
beans in beverages."

Here's a couple of more things- ( * * ) - a certain emphatic negative. With
all the bad press the green mermaid has gotten, one of their employees
literally spilled the beans with some inside information on the next coffee
like product not being developed by The Company.

How could one develop something in which there is no preparation or
interaction involved? Kind of like the "Original Flavor" Pabst beer after
Peoria Heights started Fluoridating the water supply... Sure can't botch the
roast when there isn't any and they could change their name to Roi-Bucks
when they stop using so much PG&E energy...

Cheers, Mabuhay, Iechyd da -RayO, aka Opa!

A run-out jet engine could simultaneously roast and grind if you could
afford the JP-4. Green beans to roast, cooled and ground in Kilos per
second...

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:27 PM, g paris <pchforever at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jon:
>
> I think you answered your own question.
>
> taste a few green beans, maybe older would be better and tell me.
>
> my guess is they taste like garbage.
>
> tons-o-wanna beans will put anything into  drink, hot or cold, and actually
> make you believe you like it!!
>
> do not trust these folks.
>
> the caffeine content is awakened by the roast as far as I know.
>
> ginny
>

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Jon Rosen <jon at jonro.com> wrote:
>
> > I had read a couple of things recently about using green beans in
> > beverages. I was wondering if anyone had tried using ground or unground
> > green coffee beans in either a hot beverage or blended in a smoothie?
> Does
> > it taste even remotely like coffee? Is the caffeine level the same not?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jon

Persist in old ways; expect new results - suborn Insanity...