[Homeroast] Panama Carmen 7 Dias de la Bellota Help!

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Wed Sep 15 09:17:29 CDT 2010

On Sep 15, 2010, at 8:01 AM, raymanowen at gmail.com wrote:

> If I'm going to NYC (C+, FC) what difference would it make if I traveled by
> Car, bus, plane, train, elevator or roller skates? (Behmor, iR2)
>
> C+ is C+ no matter how you get there. Just don't get off at Poughkeepsie.
> -ro

I respectfully disagree.
If you traveled there by cannon, you might still end up there, but the takeoff would be a little stressful, not to mention the landing.
Roasting isn't only about where you end up; it's very much how you get there.
Drum roasters get there differently from hot air roasters. Some folks prefer a drum profile, some a hot air style; I believe it has as much to do with the batch size as it does the method, though that may be due partially to roasters limited to a small batch size because of their limited headroom the heater (headroom in the dB over nominal capacity sense, not physical space - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headroom_(audio_signal_processing) )

-
allon