[Homeroast] Problem: My family wants my roasted coffee

Robert Bedwell rlb at triad.rr.com
Mon Sep 13 15:17:30 CDT 2010

I admire your benevolence and the cause.  I was diagnosed with
diabetes several years ago but have it under control with diet and
exercise.  No meds thankfully.

I would like to bring the first thing that came to my mind when I read
your post and that is the time frame.  Seventeen hours of roasting
spread over several weeks you are going to have some coffee that is
well past it's "fresh" life.  The ideal time to drink the coffee is
from 2-3 days from roast to 7-10 days.  Even over seven days is
stretching it a bit for freshness.   Once it is ground the life is
sucked out of it even further.

Bob