[Homeroast] Problem: My family wants my roasted coffee

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Mon Sep 13 14:12:45 CDT 2010

On Sep 13, 2010, at 3:02 PM, Sergio Kusevitzky wrote:

> As long as you enjoy...

I'm a card carrying member of the Smoky Porch Club :D
Yeah, heatgun roasting does have its drawbacks, but it IS cheap. And IMHO, a great way to learn what's really going on in those beans. You have lots of control over the amount of heat delivered, and you don't need a tryer - you've got the whole pan in your face, and can watch and smell the changes in smoke, and the texture of the beans.

OTOH, a HG is not a drum roaster, and there are differences in style and repeatability of the roast.

-
allon